Best Daily Exercise Routines That You can do in a Gym in Makati
If you are planning to live a healthy lifestyle in the Metro, it is best to look for a gym in Makati or Manila. Recently, more and more people have put fitness first in the Philippines, as they have become more health conscious than ever before. This includes going on a nutritional diet and doing some daily exercises. Other than these, the Filipino people also take vitamins and undergo skin care regimens to improve their overall health and fitness. Ultimately, these efforts will result in you feeling better with your body.
When it comes to exercise and workout routines, it is best when done on a regular basis, as it is one of the most important things to do when you plan to live a healthy lifestyle. Essentially, exercise would give you a lot of health benefits, like better stamina, stronger muscles, and better immunity. All in all, you would be doing your body a favor through exercising daily.
It is true that working out brings about numerous benefits to your body, although it is best to make sure that you are doing the right routines, as not everyone can do the same type of exercises. This is because not all workout routines are created equally, as some of them are more suited for different body types. With this in mind, here are some exercise routines that you can do in your local gym in Makati or somewhere else.
Things you need to have before an exercise
Before doing your daily exercise routines, make sure that you have the right items with you before doing so. Wearing the right attire is needed when you are doing your routines too. There is a wide range of sports attire that you can wear in order to have a comfortable workout, as you would be able to move around with no hassle. Make sure that you have the right footwear as well, as shoes would help keep your feet comfortable and pain-free during your workout. After finishing all your routines, it is best to have a change of clothes, as you would not like leaving your gym in Makati while you are sweaty.
Now that you have your attire set, you must also bring some refreshments with you. Ensure that you have a good amount of water with you, along with some juice or smoothies. These would not only get you refreshed, but also give you some more energy to go on during the whole routine. You can bring some energizing snacks with you as well. These can include carbs like bread and biscuits, granola bars, almonds, bananas, protein bars, hard-boiled egga, yogurt and many more. Make sure that you eat before and after the work out, as you would like to leave the gym in Makati energized.
What to do before a workout
Now that you are in a gym in Makati, with the essential things you need, the next step is to do a warm-up routine. This would include stretching exercises that would help relax and ready your muscles, as well as some light routines that would help you warm up. Doing so would stretch your joints, enabling you to tackle light and heavy workouts, which would essentially help ease your body from being too sore afterwards.
Once you believe your body has been prepped enough, then you’re ready to take on some exercise routines. You can check out some in the list below so you could start putting fitness first here in the Philippines.
Daily exercise routines
There are numerous workout regimens that you could try out, but here are some of the most common ones you could easily take on:
- Jumping Jacks – One of the best ways to get your body going is by starting out by doing some jumping jacks in your gym in Makati. This is a simple exercise routine that would help get you energized by keeping your heart rate up. This will also benefit multiple muscle groups and help strengthen them. While this may be a light impact routine, this is one of the most effective ones around.
Instructions: Make sure that your arms are at your sides, and your feet are within shoulder width. Once you are in this stance, bend your knees and extend your feet while extending your arms overhead. After doing this, jump and land back to your starting position. You can repeat this routine as many times as you like.
- Push-ups – One of the most fundamental exercise routines, push-ups are a simple and effective way to improve your upper body strength, which includes your core and arms. For most beginners, doing push-ups would be a challenge, as it will take time for your upper body to get used to it. Once you have mastered it, you now have a routine that would be a foundation of your overall workout routine. There are many push-up variations that you can do and you can pick up the one that suits you the most.
Instructions: The first thing you need to do is to assume a face down prone position on the floor (an exercise mat would help make it more comfortable). Make sure your feet are together, your hands are shoulder width apart, and your elbows are pointed towards your toes. The main part of this routine is to raise yourself by pushing your arms, moving away from the ground as you do so. Then, lower your body back to the starting position. You can repeat the process as many times as you would like.
- Squats – A great way to develop your leg muscles is by doing some squats. While this may be one of the simplest-looking exercise routines, this can get tricky to do, especially after doing a few more routines beforehand. Overall, it is a routine that would help give your legs some nice muscle tone.
Instructions: First, you have to stand with your feet at shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing forward. The next step is to bend your knees down and get your hips lower, as if you are motioning to sit down. Lower your hips and legs until they are bent at 90 degrees. While lowering your body, put your arms forward to balance yourself. After bending down, slowly return to your starting position.
- Crunches – Another routine to strengthen your core, along with helping you trim down some belly fat, is to do some crunches. This routine would help give your abdominal muscles more definition, and give you a leaner profile.
Instructions: First, lay on your back with your knees bent, and your feet flat on the floor. Make sure that your head is resting on your palms as well. Next, raise your head and neck, along with your upper back in one straight motion. Lower your back, and repeat the process until necessary.
- Plank – Another essential routine to develop your core even more, planking will help strengthen it. This routine can be done anywhere with space – like your gym in Makati – and can take around a minute to pull off. This routine will help develop your deepest core muscles, and is very effective.
Instructions: Set up a planking position, which is to rest on your forearms and toes on the floor. Keep your body straight and head relaxed during the whole routine. Hold this position for as long as a minute. Do not move your body during the routine, as it would affect your muscles.
- Lunges – Lunges help develop the muscles in the same way as squats. They can help improve your balance and develop most of your leg muscles. You can also try different variations that add varying movements to develop your leg muscles even further.
Instructions: Stand on your feet with your hands on your hips. Start by moving your leg forward and bending your knees 90 degrees. Return to your starting position and then bend your other leg. Be sure that your upper body and pelvis are upright.
- Glute Bridge – Yet another essential core development routine, the glute bridge could help develop your thigh muscles, which would strengthen your legs even more.
Instructions: Lie on your back with your knees; your feet and hands should be lying flat on the floor. The next step is to contract your abdomen up and push it up after. Use your heels to push yourself from the floor.
- Jogging – A cardio workout staple, jogging is a routine that would help you burn a lot of calories, along with improving your leg strength and stamina. A few laps of jogging will help improve your cardiovascular health, which gives you a healthier heart overall. This is one of the most common routines done by people, who put fitness first in the Philippines. For those who want a more intense routine, you can choose to do some running if you prefer more pace.
Instructions: Before doing this exercise, make sure that you are wearing the right shoes, like trainers and sneakers. When you are jogging, make sure that your feet hit the ground flat (your toes should make contact first). Bend your arms at a 90 degree angle, and keep your back and head straight. Depending on the distance, it is best to jog a few laps to burn calories and develop your leg muscles.
What to do after the exercise
After your exercise routine, it is best to do another round of stretching; it would be ideal to do this right before you rest. This means that before you go and sit down, try to walk around for a few minutes to let your body rest and recover. Also, drink some fluids to refresh yourself as well as grab a healthy snack or meal after leaving your gym in Makati.
Where should you exercise?
Having a daily exercise routine would do wonders for your body. You are not only developing your muscles and improving your cardiovascular health, but you are also making yourself feel better by working on your self-image and self-esteem. If you are planning to hit a gym in Makati soon, ensure you do these simple and effective exercise routines and follow people, who put fitness first in the Philippines.
If you are looking for a gym in Makati, you can look no further by going to Slimmers World. Choose to live a healthy lifestyle with us and meet other like-minded people, who love putting fitness first here in the Philippines.
What is Slimmers World?
Slimmers World is one of the top names in health, fitness, beauty, and slimming in the Philippines. With over 40 years of operating in the country, we have provided the fitness, health, and beauty needs of our clients. Currently, there are over 25 locations located in the Metro Manila area alone, 2 locations in Cebu and at Subic, and 3 in Bangkok, Thailand. Slimmers World is currently serving around 500,000 clients each day. We make sure that we provide all their health and fitness needs.
What are our services?
Slimmers World offers various services that cater to your health, beauty, and fitness. These include programs that provide you the best exercise routines to improve or maintain your fitness, body treatments to help achieve the body shape and image you want, and face and skin programs to address your dermatological needs. Our Philippine skin clinic will be happy to help you tackle these concerns.
How can you get a schedule?
If you are interested in availing any of our services and want to schedule a meeting with us, you can go to this page. You can reserve a slot in some of our fitness classes at a location of your choosing. Our classes include Zumba, Yoga, Belly Dancing, Dance Fusion, Aero Hiphop, Taebo, and many more. You can also avail for a free trial at a venue of your choosing.
If you have any more questions and other inquiries, you can contact us on this page.
Slimmers World ensures that you would be feeling better and healthier through the exercise regimens and skin treatments recommended by our trusted experts and trainers.